Sunday, November 16, 2014

Project #2: Experimenting with Reality

In my next series of posts, I'll be analyzing the dangers and ethical concerns using Photoshop can bring about.

To start, I decided I would see how easy it is to alter reality own my own. I went to CNN.com and picked out a few images, then Photoshopped both details both small and large. Here are some results.












I was really surprised how easy most of these edits were. I discovered to Photoshop features of "Content-Aware" fill, which allows you to select a certain area and then let Photoshop fill the space with new content that matches the surrounding area. This is how I was able to extend the shattered glass in the second image or remove the person in the background of the third. Creating the double-rainbow was the hardest, but felt the most rewarding.

Image sources:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/14/world/gallery/week-in-photos-1114/index.html?hpt=wo_t2

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/15/health/nebraska-ebola-patient/

No comments:

Post a Comment