My final posts will talk about how Photoshop has been used by Internet users as a powerful tool for communication, especially through memetic processes. As a final test of my skills, I decided to test my strengths in Photoshop with the reddit community.
One of my favorite subreddits is /r/photoshopbattles. A redditor post an image they would like to see altered, other redditors take the photo and Photoshop it, then reddit community votes on their favorite edits. I browsed through the subreddit last night and participated in two Photoshop battles.
Here is the first image I decided to edit. The original post of it can be found here.
And here is my Photoshop. If you're not a fan of Spongebob, you may need to watch an episode to get this one :)
In my other battle, my edit was actually the fourth in a series of edits. The order of the following images are the original post, an edit in response to another edit, and then my final response. This comment thread should help.
Though I didn't get any comments on my edits, a got a few upvotes. I made at least a few people happy!





No comments:
Post a Comment